So you love your band tees, but they’re too baggy for you to wear out of the house.
We all have these shirts, people.
The thing is that buying merch from a band is one of those lovely, rare situations in life that benefits EVERYONE, like a charity car wash or the general existence of nachos. It’s great because you’re helping support an artist you love, which allows them to keep doing what they’re doing. That said, it really sucks to drop $25 on the perfect shirt, then end up relegating it to the pajama drawer because it just doesn’t look good on you. Well, NEVER AGAIN. There are solutions in the form of super-easy DIYs that will transform even the biggest, ugliest shirt into something unique and flattering. Best of all? You’ll most likely be the only person on Earth to have anything like it.
1. Resize it.
If you like your oversized merch as a t-shirt but it’s just too big, you can easily make it smaller and better-fitting. Here’s how.
4. Pillows for your (suddenly awesome) bed or couch.
Easy-peasy tutorial here.
5. Put them on a concert shirt quilt!
This would make a really great homemade gift. Instructions here.
6. Sew a few of them together in a scarf.
Easiest crafting project ever. Just cut ‘em up and stitch ‘em together. Done.
7. Give it a cool, slouchy boat neck.
If you like your shirts loose but want a more stylized, flattering fit, this is perfect for you. Infographic how-to here.
8. Transform this…
…into a tube dress!
Shameless Mag has simple instructions here.
9. For those who can’t sew, don’t worry! You have options too.
This doesn’t require any needlework.
10. Just cut and tie to make this tank.
Okay, while the evil queen from Snow White isn’t exactly a band, this would easily work with an oversized Metallica shirt.
11. Here’s another great no-sew choice.
So simple. Just don’t cut past where your waist would be and you’re set.
12. Make a tent of a shirt into a form-fitting halter.
Sexy! Here’s how.
13. Make a too-big band shirt into a purse.
Follow this tutorial using the cut-up shirt as your material.
14. Or just shrink and slash it.
This is super-hot and painless to make.
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›