1. Cowhorn Biscuits
Bake them on sticks over the morning fire, then stuff with eggs. Technique here.
2. Campfire Breakfast Potatoes
Don’t forget the jalapeño. Recipe here.
3. Canned Biscuit Campfire Doughnuts
Since you’re punching holes into the biscuits, you can make doughnut holes, too. Recipe here.
4. Campfire Blueberry Orange Muffins
You get to bake them IN AN ORANGE. Recipe here.
5. Campfire Beer Pancakes
Beer. Pancakes. I might not even wait for my next camping trip to make these. Recipe here.
You make these at home, then reheat over the fire. Recipe here.
8. Campfire Mushroom and Corn Quesadillas
Use whatever fillings you like best. Recipe here.
9. Campfire Chili in a Dutch Oven
This recipe uses pork and chorizo (or italian sausage).
10. Pie Iron Tacos
I might cook the ground beef ahead of time. Recipe here.
11. Dutch Oven-Braised Beef and Summer Vegetables
For when you have a couple of hours before you need to eat. Recipe here.
12. Coal-Roasted Chuckbox Pozole-Stuffed Onions
Yeah, stuffed onions. That’s right. Recipe here.
13. Camping Macaroni and Cheese
Made with my favorite cheese: Gruyère. Recipe here.
15. Campfire Chicken with Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Potatoes, & Dill
You can do a lot of the chopping and prep for the brussels, potatoes, and onions ahead of time, then proceed to cook when you get to the campsite. Also: it’ll look so beautiful in your cast iron. Recipe here.
16. Sausage and Fennel Grilled Campfire Pizza
It takes a few steps, but anything with onions and Italian sausage has to be good. Recipe here.
17. Lamb Kebabs with Mint Pesto
You can prep the pesto, stick the meat in the marinade, and chop your peppers and onions before you head to the campsite. Then when you get to the campsite, all you have to do is thread the meat on and cook. Recipe here.
19. Campfire Potatoes
What’s more classic than potatoes over a campfire? You’ll need your fire kind of hot, though. Recipe here.
20. Elote (Mexican Corn on the Cob)
It’s a grill recipe, but you could probably roast them over the fire, then spread on the delicious sour cream mixture. Recipe here.
21. Boozy Campfire Cheese
It’s like fondue, but for the outdoors. Recipe here.
22. Popcorn Satchels
Add some seasonings to the mix — I love me some paprika — for more flavor. You also will want to use regular popcorn kernels, not those things in the microwaveable bags. Recipe here.
23. Camp Bread
You’ll have to do a little prep beforehand, but it’s worth it. Recipe here.
24. Campfire Pies
You will need a sandwich iron for these. Try adding some ricotta cheese to the fruit for extra creaminess. Recipe here.
25. Nutella + Banana S’mores
Not much of a recipe here, but basically you spread Nutella on peanut butter cookies, top with a few bananas, then add your roasted marshmallows.
26. Peach Cobbler
27. Cheater’s Peach Cobbler
In case you don’t feel like doing the work for a real cobbler. Recipe here.
28. Banana Boats
This recipe calls for a grill, but you could easily put them on top of a campfire grate to melt the chocolate, or wrap each of them in foil and nest them in the coals.
29. Pie on a Stick
It’s just apples, roasted and rolled in cinnamon sugar. Hopefully you’re old enough that you don’t need your parent’s help, though. Recipe here.
30. Warmed Baked Apples Filled With Nutella
If you’re not sold on this already, I feel sorry for you. Recipe here.
31. Berry Camping Cake
Just don’t use the weird berries you found next to your tent. Recipe here.
32. Hot Toddy with Calvados
Hot toddies = easiest hot drink ever. (So maybe you’ll forgo the lemon garnish at camp.) Recipe here.
33. Cashel Palace Irish Coffee
A great way to start the morning, assuming you don’t need the whipped cream. Recipe here.
- FIFA has suspended its president Sepp Blatter, secretary general Jerome Valcke, and vice-president Michel Platini for 90 days. ›
- Congressional Democrats are urging the TSA to change its screening procedures for transgender passengers. ›
- NATO defense ministers are meeting in Brussels to discuss their response to Russia's growing role in the Syria conflict. ›