1. This week’s episode of Saturday Night Live featured Drake as both the host and musical guest and it marked the debut of Sasheer Zamata, the first black female cast member since Maya Rudolph.
2. And the internet is deeming it “the blackest” episode ever.
5. SNL’s diversity (or lack thereof) has been a hot topic on Twitter, and many tuned in to see how the show would go.
6. Some were a bit defensive from the beginning.
7. Others could barely believe their eyes.
9. Lots of people found the episode funnier than it usually is, with some crediting the two new black female writers, LaKendra Tookes and Leslie Jones.
15. But not everyone was dazzled by SNL’s additions and changes.
21. Overall though, the internet seemed proud of and happy with Zamata’s first night.
25. And everyone was able to agree on one thing: the glory of Drake’s thighs in that Disney sketch.
Here Are Today's Top Stories