The dogs are marching on #westminsterdog
1. Today was the Westminster Dog of the Year competition.
2. It’s an annual competition in which MPs compete to see who has the best dog.
3. It’s organised by the Kennel Club. This year, fifteen MP/dog pairs entered the public vote.
4. Weirdly, out of the 15 MPs who entered the contest, 12 are Conservatives. Tories are clearly “dog people”.
5. Tessa Munt was the only Lib Dem present.
Fellow Lib Dem Martin Horwood was listed as one of the entrants, but it seems like he might not have turned up.