1. So England are out of the World Cup.
Nick Potts/PA Images
2. But DO NOT BE DOWNHEARTED. England is still a great nation. There is so much to be proud of.
Anna Gowthorpe/PA Images
5. English people take the unexpected in their stride.
Matt Crossick/PA Images
11. …even if they have the good grace to turn their shirt inside out when they lose.
22. …and go to the pub.
Tom Phillips is the UK editorial director for BuzzFeed and is based in London.
Here Are The Top Stories
- President Obama addressed the 54-member African Union, a first for a sitting U.S. president. The speech marks the end of his historic five-day trip to East Africa.
- The Boy Scouts of America has ended its ban on gay leaders, two years after lifting a ban on gay youth members.
- Boston is no longer pursuing a bid to host the 2024 summer Olympics.
- The Arizona Cardinals have hired the NFL's first female coach.