1. So England are out of the World Cup.
Nick Potts/PA Images
2. But DO NOT BE DOWNHEARTED. England is still a great nation. There is so much to be proud of.
Anna Gowthorpe/PA Images
5. English people take the unexpected in their stride.
Matt Crossick/PA Images
11. …even if they have the good grace to turn their shirt inside out when they lose.
22. …and go to the pub.
Tom Phillips is the UK editorial director for BuzzFeed and is based in London.
In The News Today
- Iran's parliament approved a nuclear deal with six other world powers, including the U.S. ›