1. An effigy of Katie Hopkins, every lazy TV show booker’s favourite horrible person, will be burned on Guy Fawkes Night in the Kent town of Edenbridge.
2. Explaining the decision, Charles Laver of the Edenbridge Bonfire Society said:
She has come out with silly remarks, so we thought why not? We had to come up with someone, so we thought about Katie.
On their Facebook page, the society accuses Hopkins of trying “to be simply outrageous - as often and as publicly as she can possibly manage”.
4. It’s not a new thing for Edenbridge - they do this every year. Last year they burned an effigy of Lance Armstrong.
5. And in previous years they’ve set fire such notable figures as Katie Price, Jonathan Ross and Russell Brand, and Cherie Blair.
6. In unsurprising news, all parties seem to be perfectly happy with this publicity generating strategy.
This year’s burning will take place on Saturday night.
- Tunisia's president declared a state of emergency a week after a deadly terror attack on a beach hotel.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- One person was killed and two others were seriously injured Friday when an air medical transport helicopter crashed in Colorado.