1. The BBC 6 O’Clock News was interviewing passers-by about the controversial proposals to expand Heathrow Airport. But one of the passers-by looked oddly familiar…
It is isn’t it? BBC news just asked a passerby about third runway. Passerby is THE FONZ!
The Fonz was just interviewed on the BBC about the Heathrow third runway.
Did the 6pm BBC news realise they stopped The Fonz in the street in Richmond and asked his views on Heathrow expansion?! #random
4. We’ve gone back and checked the live feed - and yes, that is indeed Henry Winkler. Complete with shopping bag.
He’s in London right now because he’s doing panto in Richmond, playing Captain Hook in Peter Pan.
5. The BBC’s James Landale also confirmed that it was The Fonz.
In case you were just watching BBC News, that was indeed the Fonz who gave me his views on Heathrow airport…
And while it’s not quite as much fun, the BBC knew did know who they were interviewing - the segment was introduced with the suggestion that Heathrow expansion would mean “happy days” for some travellers…
- President Obama stepped up his climate change campaign on Monday while touring the Alaskan Arctic, warning that it's "almost too late" to stop global warming. He is the first U.S. President to tour the Arctic. ›
- The U.S. Supreme Court says a Kentucky county must issue marriage licenses while its clerk appeals a ruling in a lawsuit from three same-sex couples against her "no marriage licenses" policy. ›
- A video released on Monday shows two Texas deputies fatally shooting a man with his hands up. A witness sold the footage to a local TV station for $100. ›