1. The internet is angry about Ben Affleck being cast as Batman in the upcoming Superman v Batman film.
So they’ve done what the internet does when confronted with a great wrong - launched a petition against it on Change.org.
2. The petition says:
His acting skill is not even close to being believable as Bruce Wayne and he won’t do the role justice. He’s not built, nor is he intimidating enough for the role of Batman. His portrayal of Daredevil was atrocious and he’s not remotely close to an action star. Please find someone else.
At the time of writing, the petition has 1,489 signatures.
4. Of course, as Bleeding Cool points out, exactly the same thing happened in 1988 when Michael Keaton was cast as Batman.
“If you saw him in an alley wearing a bat suit, you would laugh, not run in fear. Batman should be 6-2, 235 pounds, your classically handsome guy with an imposing, scary image.”… Fans have circulated petitions demanding a different cast, and they booed Warner representatives who had the audacity to show up at a comics-fan convention with a photograph of Keaton.
5. Given that Affleck is apparently not “built” enough, here’s a quick reminder of what Christian Bale looked like shortly before playing Batman:
6. Predictably, there are Facebook groups as well.
8. And naturally, they’ve made artwork to support their campaign.
10. No really, there’s really quite a few of them.
- Robert L. Dear was identified as the suspected gunman in a fatal shooting at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs. ›
- World leaders will meet in Paris starting Monday to discuss a potential global climate change agreement. Here's what you need to know. ›
- Speaking of climate change, can you pass this basic quiz about it? ›