1. The dolphin was first spotted by members of the public on Monday, swimming around the River Dee near Connah’s Quay in Flintshire, Wales.
Just seen a dolphin in the River Dee at Connahs Quay/ Via
3. But by Tuesday, it had swum all the way to Chester.
That means it probably crossed the border into England, potentially heralding a massive influx of Welsh dolphins.
Just came back from chasing a dolphin up and down the River Dee. Was nice./ Via
5. While it was there, maintenance workers captured this spectacular picture of it.
Env Agency NW
Have a look at this #dolphin our maintenance team spotted in the river #dee nr #chester yesterday http://t.co/XqtDGC95yA #valuingwater/ Via
7. The dolphin briefly got stranded on Tuesday while trying to swim back to sea, with experts keeping a close eye on it to make sure it was safe.
8. Some people were worried for the dolphin’s health
@GavinMatthews2 Is this the dolphin they saw in the dee? No? Well it’ll look like this if it stays there! Lol
9. The coastguard were also deployed - to make sure spectators trying to spot the dolphin were safe.
10. But good news! After two days of the dolphin swimming around lost, it looks like the story has a happy ending.
We have been informed that the dolphin, dubbed “Dave the Dolphin”, spotted in the River Dee has made it’s way back to sea safe and sound./ Via