1. Tupac was a ballet dancer.
‘Pac attended Baltimore School for the Arts, where he concentrated on dance and acting. His crowning achievement was his role as Mouse King in “The Nutcracker.”
2. Prodigy was also an itty bitty ballerina.
3. Plies was a nurse.
The “Please Excuse My Hands” star got his bachelors in nursing and worked as registered nurse. Apparently he made his patients uncomfortable when he donned heavy expensive jewelry.
4. Mike Jones was a phone assembly line operator.
Which explains a lot.
5. Lil Wayne played Tin Man in a middle school production of The Wiz.
6. Rick Ross was a correctional officer.
Kinda old news by now, but we can never really forget.
7. Kanye West sold clothing at The Gap.
8. J.Cole was a bill collector.
9. 50 Cent competed as a Junior Olympian.
His sport? Boxing.
10. KRS-One was a Hare Krishna.
His influence, “Krishna” was shortened to “Kris,” which eventually transformed into his rap moniker “KRS-One.”
11. Nicki Minaj served at Red Lobster.
Now close your eyes and imagine ordering unlimited shrimp from Nicki.
12. Ice-T was getting yelled at as an army ranger.
He spent four years in the Armed Forces.
13. Ice Cube was an architect-in-training.
Before all that N.W.A stuff, he attended the Phoenix Institute of Technology and studied architectural drafting
14. Big Sean was a Christian rapper.
15. Jadakiss delivered you newspapers.
As a paperboy. Ahaaa!
16. B.o.B was a certified sandwich artist.
AKA a Subway employee.
17. And Cappadonna was a taxi driver. Cabs rule everything around me.
Major props to Hot Hip Hop Detroit for some of these tidbits.
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›