1. Having to convince a bouncer or bartender that your ID is legit. Every time.
2. And the overwhelming anxiety after handing your ID over even though you know your ID is legit.
3. Because being turned away is something that still actually happens after you turn 21.
Or, at least, you’ve heard it happen to someone else.
4. Looking like a youth makes you insecure about working in a professional or corporate environment…
5. …and a fear of not being taken seriously (even though it’s probably all in your head).
7. Whenever you tell someone your age for the first time, you have to deal with their shocked reactions.
8. Like, “Wow! You look like you just graduated high school!”
9. For guys, there’s the added pressure of growing facial hair, or you’ll feel like you look prepubescent.
10. For gals, not wearing makeup will only make you look even younger.
11. Dating. And the constant and awkward paranoia that you’ll look like a CHILD next to your partner.
12. Even if you’re the older sibling, you’re always mistaken for the younger one.
13. You will be singled out among your friends and carded at a liquor store…
14. …in a casino…
16. Being booped, or described as “cute” and/or other babying things.
As opposed to “handsome” or “hot.”