1. Norwich City Council’s first computer being delivered to the City Treasurer’s Department.
3. Shopping in the belly of a whale at the Isle of Wight’s Blackgang Chine Amusement Park in 1842.
4. Michael Jackson and Benny Hill in 1988.
Michael Jackson visited Benny Hill when he was ill, since Michael was in the UK at the time.
5. The Brighton “Daddy Long-Legs” in 1896.
“Daddy Long-Legs” was a coastline railway that ran through the English Channel between 1896 and 1901. Its only carriage stood on four legs and was propelled by electric motor.
9. U-boat beached at Hastings in 1919.
10. Zebra carriages in Brixton in the 1800s.
13. An aircraft on the streets of Liverpool in 1943.
Visit Retronaut to enjoy loads more delightful old photos.