1. Wearing stick-on earrings made you feel very grown up.
And if you wanted to look edgy, you stuck one on your nose.
2. Especially if you showed them off by pinning your hair back with bobby pins.
3. This was the best birthday present you could get.
Especially if you had an unusual name, because you never got named stuff otherwise.
7. The most heated arguments you had with your friends were over who got to be Rachel in S Club.
10. And the biggest argument you had with your mum concerned “sensible” school shoes.
This was an argument that involved the entire staff body of Clarks.
11. But even those fights had nothing on the time your mum ironed your Tammy tee the wrong way round and the text went all gooey.
12. You crimped your hair before every school disco.
Using your trusty Babyliss crimpers.
14. Of course, it was important that your whole body sparkled.
15. And you pulled up your skirt up as high as you could because it was the ~done thing~.
17. There was no pain quite like getting your ankle hit by a skipping rope.
19. You both feared and admired the first girl in your year to get a bra.
20. You never quite got over not being cast as Mary in the nativity play.
21. Coming back from your holidays with one of these made you feel very exotic.
22. This was the coolest piece of stationary you could own.
29. Getting your pretty summer dress from BHS was profoundly exciting.
30. And wearing frilly socks was a novelty you never quite got over.
- 26 people, thought to be refugees and migrants, were discovered in the back of a truck in Austria. ›