1. Wearing stick-on earrings made you feel very grown up.
And if you wanted to look edgy, you stuck one on your nose.
2. Especially if you showed them off by pinning your hair back with bobby pins.
3. This was the best birthday present you could get.
Especially if you had an unusual name, because you never got named stuff otherwise.
5. And a candy bracelet was the best thing you could find in your party bag.
7. The most heated arguments you had with your friends were over who got to be Rachel in S Club.
10. And the biggest argument you had with your mum concerned “sensible” school shoes.
This was an argument that involved the entire staff body of Clarks.
11. But even those fights had nothing on the time your mum ironed your Tammy tee the wrong way round and the text went all gooey.
12. You crimped your hair before every school disco.
Using your trusty Babyliss crimpers.