1. It’s 8.30pm and it’s just hit you: the essay you’ve been putting off for the last month is due in tomorrow.
2. At first, you panic. You haven’t attended any lectures, opened up a book or picked up a pen this term.
3. But then you remember your best friend, Red Bull. He’ll help. He’ll rot your insides, but he’ll definitely help.
5. Actually, if you’re going to be up all night, you’re going to need sustenance. You should eat a meal.
6. And since you’re already doing the washing up, you may as well tidy your room.
7. Besides, you’ve been meaning to get into feng shui for ages.
9. You should probably let Facebook know that you’ve started work. You spend 10 minutes updating your status.
10. Oops. You’ve accidentally stumbled across that guy you dated for three weeks in year five. What’s he up to now?
11. And what about the guy you met last week? You could probably find out his name if you stalked your mutual friends for long enough.
12. It’s midnight. You still don’t know his name, you’ve done nothing but stalk and you’ve written no words.
13. It’s fine. It’s officially a new day. New day, new chapter. A quick coffee will solve this.
17. Power music. That’s what you need. An energising dance, and you’ll be able to face the essay again.
18. OK you’re typing. You’re putting words onto a screen. They’re not good words, but they’re words.
19. You’ve just rediscovered adjectives. Putting lots of them in every sentence has trebled your word count. You <3 adjectives.
20. It’s 4am and you’ve hit the 1,000 word mark. You’re half way through. It’s time for another break.
22. You sit back down to read the adjectives you wrote earlier. They’re so bad.
24. You’re going to need to start copy and pasting. Some really smart people contribute to Wikipedia, so it’ll probably be fine.
26. You’re done. It’s 6am, your essay contains a lot of words you don’t know, but you’ve finished.
28. You know what you’re not going to do, though? Make any of tomorrow’s lectures.
Tabatha Leggett is a senior writer for BuzzFeed and is based in London.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Dylann Roof wants to plead guilty, his attorney said. He is accused of killing nine people at a Charleston church in June.
- The World Health Organization says that an interim analysis of a potential Ebola vaccine shows "100% efficacy in individuals."
- Beijing won its bid to host the 2022 Winter Olympics. It's the first city to host both the summer and winter games.