1. Welsh cakes are, without any shadow of a doubt, the world’s most delicious food.
2. A WELSH CAKE IS A FRIED CAKE. How is a fried cake not the world’s best thing?
That’s because the Welsh traditionally cooked on bakestones over the fires in their homes. You can recreate this by using a heavy pan.
3. Those currants.
4. That cinnamon. That mace. That nutmeg.
5. THAT SUGAR.
7. … and gorgeously crumbly on the inside.
10. SO GODDAMN PERFECT.
12. You can spread butter over them.
13. You can even cover them with jam.
14. Of course, you should always serve them with a hot cup of tea.
15. And mixed berries, if you’re feeling fancy.
17. Or romantic.
18. ARGHHHH GET INSIDE MY MOUTH RIGHT NOW, YOU DELICIOUS LITTLE BITES OF HEAVEN.
- [Florida is bracing for tropical storm Erika, which is expected to hit the stat on Monday after tearing through Caribbean islands. At least 20 people have been killed. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/stephaniemcneal/at-least-5-people-are-missing-after-tropical-storm-erika-thr)
- And on the same day 10 years later, former U.S. President George W. Bush toured New Orleans on the anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. ›
- Owen Labrie was found not guilty of felony sexual assault charges stemming from a 15-year-old former student's accusations that he raped her at St. Paul's School. ›