4. And these meatballs, which are like little bites of heaven.
6. It’s also about friendly and helpful instructions.
11. But the best thing about IKEA is that there’s a system behind the products’ names.
Sofas, coffee tables, bookshelves, media storage units, and doorknobs are named after Swedish places.
Like this Ektorp.
Beds, wardrobes, and wall furniture are named after Norwegian places.
Like this Hemnes.
Carpets are names after places in Denmark.
Like this Gislev.
And dining tables and chairs are named after places in Finland.
Like this Lovas.
Click here to uncover the rest of the world’s best naming system.
12. Ikea was the first company to feature a gay relationship in an advert, back in 1994.
13. Its catalogue is read by three times more people than the Bible every year.
14. There’s a Tumblr dedicated to identifying Ikea furniture in porn.
Click here to see it.
16. Some people use Ikea to do difficult economics.
In 2009, Bloomberg’s Kristian Siedenburg used IKEA’s popular Billy bookshelf to compare prices across the globe.
17. Others use it to cook.
IKEA’s cookbook, Hembakat är Bäst (“Homemade is Best”), is the best.