11. But the best thing about IKEA is that there’s a system behind the products’ names.
Sofas, coffee tables, bookshelves, media storage units, and doorknobs are named after Swedish places.
Like this Ektorp.
And dining tables and chairs are named after places in Finland.
Like this Lovas.
Click here to uncover the rest of the world’s best naming system.
12. Ikea was the first company to feature a gay relationship in an advert, back in 1994.
14. There’s a Tumblr dedicated to identifying Ikea furniture in porn.
Click here to see it.
16. Some people use Ikea to do difficult economics.
In 2009, Bloomberg’s Kristian Siedenburg used IKEA’s popular Billy bookshelf to compare prices across the globe.
18. But most people use Ikea for its beds. Beds in which one-fifth of British kids are conceived every single year.
19. Ikea is so good that it has a retrospective history museum in Älmhult.
- Police in Athens used pepper spray on protesters two days ahead of Greece's major bailout vote.
- A medical helicopter crashed in Colorado. The crash killed the pilot and injured two crew members.