3. When you order tapas and the meat eaters eat all of the vegetables so you’re left hungry…
Paul_Brighton / Shutterstock
4. When people are like, “What about leather?” and you’re like, “I TRY MY BEST, WHAT DO YOU DO?”
7. When people invasively question you about your life decisions over dinner.
13. When stuffed peppers are the only vegetarian option on the menu.
alexpro9500 / Shutterstock
14. Unless you go to a veggie restaurant. In which case, you’re totally overwhelmed by how much choice there is.
16. Not understanding how long you’re supposed to marinate tofu for.
17. When your host forgets you’re vegetarian, so you have to awkwardly pick at the side salad all night.
19. When you cook Quorn for a meat eater and they’re like, “Oh, it kind of tastes like low-quality meat.”
22. Wanting to turn vegan, but eggs…
Olga Nayashkova / Shutterstock
… and cheese.
Olha Afanasieva / Shutterstock
23. Having to provide your own food even when you’re not the host.
Tabatha Leggett is commissioning editor at BuzzFeed UK and is based in London.
In The News Today
- New York's attorney general is looking into whether employees at fantasy sports sites might have won bets based on information not available to the public, the New York Times reports. ›