3. When you order tapas and the meat eaters eat all of the vegetables so you’re left hungry…
4. When people are like, “What about leather?” and you’re like, “I TRY MY BEST, WHAT DO YOU DO?”
6. Only ever being able to use half the recipes in a cookbook.
7. When people invasively question you about your life decisions over dinner.
11. “I tried becoming vegetarian once. It lasted a week.”
12. “But the animal’s already dead.”
13. When stuffed peppers are the only vegetarian option on the menu.
14. Unless you go to a veggie restaurant. In which case, you’re totally overwhelmed by how much choice there is.
15. And don’t even get me started on health food shops.
16. Not understanding how long you’re supposed to marinate tofu for.
17. When your host forgets you’re vegetarian, so you have to awkwardly pick at the side salad all night.
19. When you cook Quorn for a meat eater and they’re like, “Oh, it kind of tastes like low-quality meat.”
21. When people ask if they can eat meat in front of you.
22. Wanting to turn vegan, but eggs…
… and cheese.
23. Having to provide your own food even when you’re not the host.
- Turkey hopes to ease tensions with Russia after it shot down a Russian warplane earlier this week. The countries have differing accounts of the incident. ›
- France and Russia have agreed to coordinate their airstrikes with the U.S. against ISIS. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›