1. London Zoo weighs all of its animals once a year.
Here are some flamingos getting ready.
2. It’s a really big job because there are 19,000 animals at the zoo.
This python weighs 600g.
3. Some animals are so small that they sit on a spoon to get weighed.
Like this 40g waxy monkey frog.
4. Or on a teeny, tiny set of scales.
Like this 400g African bull frog.
5. But others are really big.
6. Sometimes, when they’re weighing animals, the zoo keepers stop to give them a hug.
This is Vicky hugging a penguin.
7. And they sometimes give their animals tasty snacks. Jae Jae the Sumatran tiger likes horse meat.
8. This meerkat was hungry too.
9. But as soon as he’d eaten, he got weighed.
10. Other animals are happy to cooperate without food-based bribes. Like this super cute giant tortoise.
11. Tawny owls look really cute when they’re being weighed. This one’s called Alberta.
Alberta weighs 444g.
12. So do spectacled owls like Elton.
13. Actually, so do Bactrian camels. This one’s called Noemie.
14. But this is the best animal of them all.
15. She’s called Tammy. She’s a South American Tamandua and weighs 6.8kg.