1. Meet Addy, a five-year-old girl who, last year, was diagnosed with stage IV cancer.
2. Addy’s ultimate dream is to become a pop star, so in the middle of chemotherapy and radiation treatments she practiced singing and dancing.
3. The Make-A-Wish Foundation helped turn Addy’s dream into a reality by letting her star in her very own music video to Katy Perry’s “Roar.”
4. This song “inspired Addy to be strong during her medical treatments,” said a Make-A-Wish spokesperson in an email to BuzzFeed.
5. Make-A-Wish says that Addy has beaten cancer and is celebrating with her new music video.
6. Watch Addy’s full music video here.
Here Are Today's Top Stories
- [A Harris County, Texas, sheriff's deputy was ambushed Friday night when a man walked up and repeatedly shot him from behind. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimdalrympleii/sheriffs-deputy-shot-dead-in-ambush-at-texas-gas-station)
- [Dominica Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit said that Tropical Storm Erika killed 20 people there, and set the island back 20 years from the damage. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/stephaniemcneal/at-least-5-people-are-missing-after-tropical-storm-erika-thr)
- [Police are investigating the death of Jamycheal Mitchell, who was arrested months ago in Virginia for allegedly stealing about $5 worth of groceries. He was found dead in his jail cell last week. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimdalrympleii/black-man-held-for-months-for-stealing-5-worth-of-snacks-fou)