1. In general, 2013 was a great year for women in the media.
Time Magazine / Via sinuousmag.com
2. There was a record number of female directors nominated for Emmys.
Getty / Dan MacMedan
3. PBS appointed its first female anchor team on NewsHour, a show that has been on the air since 1975.
CBS / Via youtube.com
5. But “some things aren’t changing fast enough,” proposes The Representation Project, which strives to “shift people’s consciousness towards change.”
7. And calling a 9-year-old girl — or anyone, for that matter — the C-word is used for humor.
8. And a GOP leader called Miss America a prostitute for standing up against bullying.
9. And sex appeal is apparently the only way to sell hamburgers.
10. Here is the video that asks why things aren’t changing fast enough.
In The News Today
- Texas Southern University went on lockdown after an assailant shot two people. Their conditions are unknown and the suspect is at large. ›