1. In general, 2013 was a great year for women in the media.
2. There was a record number of female directors nominated for Emmys.
3. PBS appointed its first female anchor team on NewsHour, a show that has been on the air since 1975.
4. And ESPN aired the Nine for IX film series.
5. But “some things aren’t changing fast enough,” proposes The Representation Project, which strives to “shift people’s consciousness towards change.”
6. Because extreme Photoshop is used to promote the Barbie lifestyle.
7. And calling a 9-year-old girl — or anyone, for that matter — the C-word is used for humor.
8. And a GOP leader called Miss America a prostitute for standing up against bullying.
9. And sex appeal is apparently the only way to sell hamburgers.
10. Here is the video that asks why things aren’t changing fast enough.
- The second pilot who was ejected from the downed Russian warplane near Syria's border Tuesday is alive and has returned to base, Russian officials say. ›
- And it's been 100 years since the anniversary of Albert Einstein's general theory of relativity. ›