3. Mika came out publicly last September.
He stated in the interview with Instinct Magazine: “If you ask me am I gay, I say yeah. Are these songs about my relationship with a man? I say yeah. And it’s only through my music that I’ve found the strength to come to terms with my sexuality beyond the context of just my lyrics. This is my real life.”
4. While most of France rejoiced when the law passed in late April, opposition groups are still active.
It has been reported that the free concert will now take place five days before a national demonstration by opponents of the new law allowing same-sex couples to marry and adopt.
- Former Virginia Gov. Jim Gilmore is dropping out of the race for the Republican presidential nomination. He got 133 votes in New Hampshire.
- MLB issued its first-ever lifetime ban for performance enhancing drugs to New York Mets' Jenrry Mejia.
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz.