1. Pop singer Mika will headline a free concert in Paris to celebrate the recent legalization of same-sex marriage in France.
2. The outdoor concert will be held on May 21st and is completely free to the public:
The concert was originally scheduled for May 17th, The International Day Against Homophobia, but had to be shifted due to practical issues.
3. Mika came out publicly last September.
He stated in the interview with Instinct Magazine: “If you ask me am I gay, I say yeah. Are these songs about my relationship with a man? I say yeah. And it’s only through my music that I’ve found the strength to come to terms with my sexuality beyond the context of just my lyrics. This is my real life.”
4. While most of France rejoiced when the law passed in late April, opposition groups are still active.
It has been reported that the free concert will now take place five days before a national demonstration by opponents of the new law allowing same-sex couples to marry and adopt.
- And there's a hilarious new rap meme of Pope Francis, thanks to a photo taken over the weekend of him giving his blessing 🙏🎤 ›