1. France reached marriage equality today after weeks of divided demonstrations and protests:
A man shouts out in the public gallery before the final vote.
2. Needless to say, France is having very mixed emotions:
18. A gay man kisses French humorist Frigide Barjot, spokesperson for “La Manif pour Tous”, a group who protested against France’s legalization of same-sex marriage.
22. Anti gay marriage groups spoke out: “Against this unjust law, continue mobilizing in non-violence.”
24. She tweeted after the decision: “Is not it a problem that the passage of a law arouses much hatred and violence among its supporters?”
25. The french TV host led a peaceful protest march after the bill was passed.
People wearing pink overalls attend the “La Manif pour Tous” (Demonstration for All) protest march against France’s legalization of same-sex marriage.