1. Laverne Cox makes history today as the first out transgender individual to be nominated for an Emmy award.
2. Cox earned a nod for Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series for her portrayal Sophia Burset, a trans inmate.
3. Orange Is the New Black recieved a number of nominations, earning an overall Outstanding Comedy nod and nominations for Taylor Schilling, Kate Mulgrew, Uzo Aduba, and Natasha Lyonne.
Other female LGBT nominees include Liz Friedman, Kate McKinnon, Sarah Paulson and Jodie Foster.
4. Following her Time Magazine cover in May, this Emmy nomination is just one more milestone for Cox – who shows no signs of slowing down.
5. There’s really only one thing to say:
- Rallies for climate change action are taking place around the world ahead of the United Nations climate talks in Paris. ›
- And watch a man react to the modern world after spending 44 years in prison. ›