1. This month marks 10 years since the release of the drug, alcohol, and teen angst-ridden film Thirteen.
2. Co-stars Nikki Reed and Evan Rachel Wood live streamed a Q&A session in honor of the special anniversary.
4. A fan thought to ask if Wood had a crush on Reed during the making of the movie.
In case you didn’t know, Evan Rachel Wood has been holding it down for all the bisexual ladies for quite some time now.
5. Wood’s honest answer: Duh, she did!
I did have a crush on Nikki. I don’t think I realized at the time that it was like a full-blown crush, but I definitely remember having feelings and thinking she was so beautiful. I thought you were so gorgeous and fun and there was something about you […] Relationships you have with girls when you’re a teenager — there’s a part of you that wants to be them, there’s a part of you that kind of hates them, and there’s a part of you that’s kind of in love with them. It’s a mixture of emotions and it was kind of all of that.
6. Wood’s also realized that she may have asked to “rehearse” the kissing scene because she just wanted to kiss Nikki.
And also for, you know, practice.
7. Reed chimed in with her own thoughts, even admitting that most of the kissing she had done by that age was with Evan during filming:
Your first girl friend […] kind of represents your first time exploring love and what it means to love someone like that outside of your family and it’s not necessarily sexual — although your body’s going through all these crazy things […] The most making out I’d done up to that point in my life was with Evan in this movie and that was my first time experiencing what that was like. And so, you have all these crazy feelings and things that are happening — it is all mixed into one. I think a lot of girls get crushes on their best friends.
8. The pair, who only recently got back in touch, had never actually discussed the childhood crush.
9. Reed joked that while making Thirteen they were “just two girls in love.”
- And watch a man react to the modern world after spending 44 years in prison. ›