For those of you who stopped watching Grey’s Anatomy around Season 5, you may now barely recognize the show you once loved.
You know, Season 5, when Izzie started seeing ghosts and things got super weird for a while.
Big changes you may notice:
1. There are new interns.
FYI: Don’t worry, they aren’t that important anyway. We barely remember their names.
2. The hospital has changed its name — more than once.
Remember Seattle Grace? It became Seattle Grace-Mercy West when two hospitals were forced to merge for financial reasons. Don’t bother remembering that name though, because guess what? They changed it again! The hospital’s current name is Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital.
3. “The chief” is no longer the chief.
Dr. Webber passed the torch to Derek, who gave it to Callie, who surrendered the position to Owen Hunt. Dr. Webber is still referred to as “the chief.” (Obviously).
4. Some familiar faces are missing:
Totally dead: Mark and Lexie
Totally gone: Izzie and Teddy
In case you decide to hop back on this crazy train for Season 10, here are a few other things you missed:
*This is one crazy show, so we can’t fully inform you of every plot nuance. Here are some of the craziest happenings*
5. A vengeful gunman caused chaos in the hospital. He shot Derek and it was terrible.
This is what all your friends who kept watching the show refer to as ” the shooting” (and probably freaked out about for months).
6. Cristina developed PTSD after saving Derek’s life at gunpoint.
She was unable to operate for a while, but she became a bartender which is pretty cool.
7. Alex was also shot and for a minute everyone thought he was a goner.
If you had to only watch one episode, watch the shooting one.
8. The traumatic experience resulted in Meredith having a miscarriage.
9. Izzie left and never came back.
Making her one of the very few cast members to not be killed off.
10. Yang started dating Owen, who suffered from PTSD after serving in Iraq.
Being strangled by your boyfriend in your sleep isn’t exactly what you look for in a relationship.
11. Derek and Meredith adopted a baby named Zola.
She is the cutest baby on this planet.
12. Yang was impaled by a falling icicle.
A pretty common and normal occurrence.
14. Meredith tampered with Derek’s Alzheimer’s clinical trial, nearly ending her career and putting serious strain on their marriage.
She did it to ensure that Dr. Webber’s wife wouldn’t receive the placebo — still a bad thing to do Meredith. It’s called TRUST!!
15. One time, Yang kissed Dr. Avery at a surprise party, and immediately regretted it.
But really, who can blame her?
16. Yang married Hunt in a dark red wedding gown.
Because she is Yang, that’s why.
17. Callie realized she was bisexual after having feelings for a heart surgeon.
No one was really a fan of Dr. Hahn.
18. Callie was dumped for not quite being “gay enough.”
19. There was an “alternative universe” episode where Alex had thick glasses and Yang had bangs.
It was weird.
20. Callie falls in love with a smiley and upbeat pediatric surgeon, Dr. Arizona Robbins.
They become the show’s most beautiful and perfect power couple.
Fans dub them “Calzona.”
21. Callie was temporarily disowned by her parents for dating Arizona.
22. April Kepner is fired after making a small but fatal error in surgery.
23. But later, she is totally rehired.
She was fired and rehired more than once. Oh, April.
24. Teddy marries a patient who needs health insurance, but then she really falls for him.
Henry was a great guy. “Was” because he later died and it was, like most things on Grey’s, extremely depressing.
25. Callie finds out she is pregnant with Mark’s baby, but makes the decision to raise it with Arizona.
26. When she proposes to Arizona, she nearly dies in a car accident.
Don’t worry, it all turned out all right (for once).
27. There was a musical episode in which the hospital rushed to save Callie’s life.
And, thanks to the power of song, they did.
29. Arizona and Callie named their baby Sophia.
Zola is challenged for the title of cutest baby.
33. A lion gets loose in Seattle.
This town needs to get itself under control.
36. April ends up accepting a marriage proposal from her paramedic boyfriend.
Life is confusing!!!
37. Dr. Bailey gets married to a hot anesthesiologist.
38. Adele dies the night of Bailey’s wedding.
Even though Bailey had delayed her own wedding to operate on her. DOES ANYONE EVER WIN ON THIS SHOW!?
39. Meredith finally gets pregnant the old fashioned way.
Baby to be born in Season 10, just another reason to get back into it!
40. There is a horrific plane crash.
Mark Sloan, Lexie, Meredith, Derek, Arizona, and Cristina were all on board the plane.
41. Derek nearly loses the function of his hand.
44. Mark finally professes his love for Lexie, before also dying.
Mark was put on life support after slipping into a coma due to the extensive injuries he sustained in the plane crash.
45. Arizona loses her leg.
And the world uttered a collective, “WTF.” Worse? Callie was the surgeon holding the blade and their whole lives sort of unravel after that.
46. Cristina moves to Minnesota to work at a hospital in very cold weather conditions.
47. The survivors of the plane crash buy the hospital.
With the money they received after suing the hospital over the plane crash. I mean the hospital picked the plane right?
48. Cristina and Owen sign divorce papers, and then make out.
Best divorce ever! It’s also been announced that Season 10 will be Sandra Oh’s last season on the show.
49. Arizona cheats on Callie.
AND THE WORLD WEPT.