Quality television shows are usually lacking in lesbian characters with real depth and true character.
There are many reasons we all should be thankful the series not only exists, but will be around for a second season:
1. The show is written by women, for women, starring a whole lot of different women.
The show comes from Emmy Award-winning writer Jenji Kohan, creator of the series Weeds.
3. Because unlike other shows that only give lesbian subtext…
We are looking at you, Rizzoli and Isles.
…or avoid portraying them at all…
4. It manages to give an honest portrayal of the great mystery that is bisexuality:
No, it’s not a mystery, but most shows tend to treat it as such.
5. In fact, it’s discussed openly:
6. The show touches upon one of the most important lady-loving life lessons:
8. The goddess that is Natasha Lyonne will be brought back into your life.
And you’ll wonder how you’ve been getting on without her.