1. Prince George joined his parents at Sydney’s Taronga Zoo on Easter Sunday for the opening of the bilby enclosure named in his honour.
2. An important part of traditional indigenous culture in the deserts of Australia, the bilby’s large rabbit like ears have made it a popular Australian icon at Easter.
3. When Prince George was born, Taronga announced they would name their bilby enclosure after him.
(THESE ARE NOT BILBIES)
4. At the ceremony today, George grabbed a bilby statue. The enclosure was officially open!
5. For his visit, the stylish young prince was dressed in dark shots, a stripey blue and white polo and dark blue shoes and socks. Cute!
6. Inside the enclosure he was initially more interested in the photographers.
7. The he spotted it!
8. He was like: “What Is This Thing?!”
9. “WHAT IS IT?!”
10. “I WANT TO TOUCH IT!!!!”
11. Prince William held his son close while he got used to the strange creature.
12. The wee man wasn’t too sure.
13. “This doesn’t look like a bunny.”
14. Then George plucked up courage and moved closer.
15. The little prince was transfixed.
16. As Bilby George got a drink, Prince George reached out to touch him.
17. Bilby George was more interested in his water.
18. The Duchess of Cambridge looked like breaking the strict no touching rule. No one gave a shit.
19. William tried his best bilby impression.
20. Then Bilby George joined Prince George for a Royal Walkabout.
Taronga Zoo have named their bilby enclosure after the prince. Today they confirmed they will also be renaming one of the endangered marsupials after him.