Western Australians are angry.
Shark supporters rallied today at Cottesloe Beach.
WA Premier Colin Barnett is pushing ahead with the controversial cull despite overwhelming opposition.
1. People are angry that the cull has begun despite marine biologists saying there is no scientific evidence it will reduce attacks.
3. Some would like to see the Premier removed from his natural environment.
6. Basically everyone who spends time in the ocean is opposed to the slaughter.
7. Worried about sharks ancient lineage being threatened.
8. Because this is the most dangerous creature in the sea.
9. And sharks need to be given the respect they deserve.
10. There was a big #noWAsharkcull crowd in Melbourne.
15. Sydneysiders had fun with their protest signs.
16. Everyone was united in their desire to Save Our Sharks.
19. And everywhere the sentiment was the same…
20. People need to get their priorities right.
22. And the only thing to fear is fear itself.
24. Are sharks really are the biggest danger threatening Australians?
- Illinois' attorney general has asked the U.S. Department of Justice's Civil Rights Division to investigate Chicago's police department. ›
- It's World AIDS Day — 35 million people have died from AIDS-related conditions, and more than 34 million people are living with the disease. ›
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg says he'll give away 99% of his Facebook shares (worth $45 billion today) over the course of his life. ›