Western Australians are angry.
WA Premier Colin Barnett is pushing ahead with the controversial cull despite overwhelming opposition.
1. People are angry that the cull has begun despite marine biologists saying there is no scientific evidence it will reduce attacks.
3. Some would like to see the Premier removed from his natural environment.
6. Basically everyone who spends time in the ocean is opposed to the slaughter.
7. Worried about sharks ancient lineage being threatened.
8. Because this is the most dangerous creature in the sea.
9. And sharks need to be given the respect they deserve.
16. Everyone was united in their desire to Save Our Sharks.
20. People need to get their priorities right.
24. Are sharks really are the biggest danger threatening Australians?
Simon Crerar is founding editor of BuzzFeed Australia and is based in Sydney.
In The News Today
- At least three people have died in South Carolina due to severe rainfall. More than 11 inches of rain fell on the city in 48 hours. ›
- President Obama says the U.S. has launched a full investigation into the airstrikes that killed 22 people at a hospital in Afghanistan on Saturday. ›
- The World Bank announced that for the first time it is forecasting the rate of extreme global poverty to drop below 10% in 2015 . ›