Since being founded in 2008, Pizza4Patriots has sent 50,000 pizzas to troops across the globe.
Pizza4Patriots founder ret. Master Sergeant Mark Evans (above left) told BuzzFeed he founded the group after his son asked him while their family shared a pizza dinner, “Do the troops eat pizza?”
For the 2012 Super Bowl, they sent 10,000 pizzas to Afghanistan.
He also said they’re currently trying to raise $250,000 to send 50,00 pizzas to Afghanistan for the July 4th this year.
9. That’s roughly half a pie per soldier:
The pizzas are parbaked and then frozen before shipping. The idea is that even soldiers who don’t have access to more sophisticated cooking equipment than a mere open flame will be able to cook and enjoy these pizzas.
Soldiers at FOBs (forward operating bases) are usually given priority for pizzas.
Not that long ago, pizza was banned for the U.S. military in Afghanistan.
Please validate your account to contribute content.
Preview Your Response
- jennm3 thinks Pizzas For The Troops! is Mamma Mia! & Win
- Mom thinks Pizzas For The Troops! is Win
- chanelleg Pizzas For The Troops! and thinks it’s Win
No matter what skin color,religion, sexual orientation or what country you come from, there’s one thing we all can agree on. Pizza is f*cking delicious.
- Whitney Jefferson thinks Pizzas For The Troops! is Win
- Dorsey Shaw Pizzas For The Troops!
- Jack Shepherd Pizzas For The Troops!