It’s a hot summer day, and you need something cool and refreshing. But any old beverage won’t do.
No, you need something that will cool you down, tickle your senses, AND perk you up.
1. And then it hits you like a caffeinated hurricane: ICED COFFEE IS THE ANSWER TO ALL OF YOUR PROBLEMS.
2. Iced coffee is your best friend because you can have it EXACTLY how you want it. No milk, skim milk, with vanilla, or maybe with ice blended in. THERE ARE NO WRONG ANSWERS.
3. Seriously, it tastes amazing dressed up…
4. …or dressed down.
5. There are even some funky international ways of drinking iced coffee that you definitely should try.
Like maybe a latte macchiato freddo from Italy. It just SOUNDS fancy, right?
6. There really is no better summer beverage than the magical combination of ice and coffee. NONE.
7. It’s literally the BEST way to start your day off on the right foot. Or should we say, the right sip!
8. And feeling a lull in the afternoon? Iced coffee will pick you up when you are in need of a boost.
9. Ordering a small iced coffee? HAHAHAHA nope.
10. You’re probably best off ordering a large, or in Starbucks speak, a “Venti.” Because the more friendship, the better.
11. Or if you’re REALLY feeling thirsty, order a Trenta. Seriously, why not spend more time (and more sipping) with your ice-cold buddy?
12. Also, iced coffee cools you off and will tingle your tongue, soothing your senses like only a true friend could!
15. Also, iced coffee is low-cal so you can enjoy as much as you want and still be the total babe that you are.
On its own, iced coffee has ZERO CALORIES, so feel free to add a little milk and sugar!
16. Also, caffeine. SO MUCH CAFFEINE. Like any good friend, iced coffee will pick you up when you’re feeling low.
18. There probably is NOTHING better in the world than treating yourself to an iced coffee at your favorite coffee shop.
19. It’s also a ton of fun — and super easy — to make your own iced coffee at home.
Here’s a recipe for perfect iced coffee from The Food Network’s Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond!
20. And iced coffee can fit into your gluten-free, sugar-free, and vegan dietary needs!
Like maybe some vegan-friendly maple almond iced coffee? Recipe here.
21. Not to mention it can be a healthy choice for your body…
22. …and your mind!
Coffee consumption has been linked to lower levels of suicide, can lower stress levels and symptoms of Parkinson’s disease, and can boost overall happiness!
- Cilla Black, the legendary English singer and TV star, has died at her home in Spain, according to local police. She was 72 years old.
- President Barack Obama will unveil climate change regulations at a White House event on Monday. The plan is considered to be "the strongest action ever taken" in the U.S. to combat climate change.
- A conservation group at Oxford University told BuzzFeed News that media reports of Jericho's death were not true and that the 11-year-old lion was "alive and well".