1. The Fresno Grizzlies, an affiliate of the San Francisco Giants, will be wearing TMNT-inspired uniforms on August 2, according to the team’s Twitter account.
2. The Grizzlies aren’t the only minor league team set to don pop-culture-inspired jerseys this season. Earlier this year, the Toledo Mud Hens unveiled Ghostbusters-inspired uniforms that the team will wear May 30.
3. The Grizzlies also said in a tweet that the TMNT hats will be available for sale in the team store throughout the season, while the jerseys will be sold in a charity auction.
Flickr: tclifton / Creative Commons
In The News Today
- An assailant shot two people at Texas Southern University. One person has died, and a suspect has been detained. ›
- A judge halted all eight scheduled executions in Arkansas. Inmates are challenging a law allowing the state to keep the source of its execution drugs a secret. ›
- The U.S. ended its $500 million program that trains and equips Syrian rebels in their fight against ISIS. ›