1. The Fresno Grizzlies, an affiliate of the San Francisco Giants, will be wearing TMNT-inspired uniforms on August 2, according to the team’s Twitter account.
2. The Grizzlies aren’t the only minor league team set to don pop-culture-inspired jerseys this season. Earlier this year, the Toledo Mud Hens unveiled Ghostbusters-inspired uniforms that the team will wear May 30.
3. The Grizzlies also said in a tweet that the TMNT hats will be available for sale in the team store throughout the season, while the jerseys will be sold in a charity auction.
- Russia won't "wage war" against Turkey after the shooting down of a Russian warplane yesterday, its foreign minister said. ›
- Brussels started reopening schools and the Metro Wednesday after a four-day security lockdown. The city remains on the highest terrorism alert. ›
- Pope Francis has arrived in Kenya. It's his first visit to Africa as pontiff. ›