1. Robin Thicke performed his hit single “Blurred Lines” on the Today Show Tuesday morning.
2. After the performance, Today hosts Matt Lauer and Savannah Guthrie spoke to the singer about the possible “rapeyness” of the song.
3. Guthrie asked Thicke if he understood where people were coming from in their criticism of the song:
4. He said that the lyrics were “misconstrued.”
5. And explained he was just trying to get people on the dance floor.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Two bomb attacks in the central Nigerian city of Jos have killed at least 44 people.
- Greek Finance Minister Yanis Varoufakis has resigned following an overwhelming "no" vote on new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. The country's future in the eurozone is uncertain.
- The U.S. defeated Japan 5-2 in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup. It was the highest scoring final in the history of the tournament ⚽️