1. A few months ago Chip Zdarsky saw his parents interacting on Facebook with his local Applebee’s. He noticed the Applebee’s Facebook page — the specific identity of which he’s asked to keep secret — was only talking to itself.
2. And that’s when he decided to start up a friendship with the Facebook page.
3. Chip says he loves that the Facebook page is just really wonderfully positive about anything you post on it.
5. “I love this Facebook page and I’m extremely protective of them,” he says. “If I see someone slagging them off I immediately send an email telling them to back off.”
11. Look at their delightful correspondence during the holidays.
12. Chip even tried to get more people to realize how great his new friend was by introducing his them to his Uncle Mel (who probably doesn’t actually exist FYI).
13. Chip is currently working on a comic book with Matt Fraction for Image Comics, and he even gave his new internet pal a shout-out on the cover!
14. Friendship is magic.
Ryan Broderick is a reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in London.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Two University of Cincinnati officers who were on the scene shortly after Samuel Dubose was fatally shot have been placed on leave. The officer accused of killing Dubose has been released from jail on bond.
- An ultra-Orthodox man stabbed six people at Jerusalem's gay pride parade on Thursday.
- The new Apple TV will debut in September, along with its own App Store, sources tell BuzzFeed News.