1. Skellow is an unassuming former coal-mining village just north of Doncaster.
2. Skellow never really had a claim to fame – until today, when Twitterer David Firth discovered that, if you Google “Skellow”, you get, uh, this:
3. In case you weren’t sure what you were looking at, here’s a close-up.
Yes, that’s exactly what you think it is.
4. This discovery has amused and delighted David’s Twitter followers in equal measure.
6. Some have wondered if these images are descriptive, in some oblique way, of Skellow itself.
7. Others have even started pointing the finger at public figures.
8. However, it turns out that the slightly questionable image is from a blog called Housequake, and, moreover, purports to be of a gentleman who may not even be from Skellow.
9. According to the blog, the photo was sent in by someone in Wigan. Is the man from Wigan? Is the tea towel from Wigan? If so, how is it fair that if you Google “Wigan”, you get this?
Curiouser and curiouser. Jo from Wigan, we’d like to hear from you.
- Rallies for climate change action are taking place around the world ahead of the United Nations climate talks in Paris. ›
- And watch a man react to the modern world after spending 44 years in prison. ›