1. Today a 48-hour Tube strike hit rush-hour London. Which meant, of course, lots of polite queuing.
2. We queued politely in Hammersmith.
3. And Clapham Junction.
4. And we queued the polite HELL out of Stratford.
5. Queueing for buses wasn’t a barrel of laughs, either.
6. Most buses were packed, and stuck in gridlock.
7. On the other hand, vintage Routemaster buses were laid on for free.
8. Making rush hour a historic event.
9. A lot of people just decided to walk instead.
10. It was a lovely day for it.
11. And smuggery levels were high.
12. But not everyone commuted by foot.
13. Well, not their own feet, anyway.
14. Some people travelled like this.
15. And this.
17. And this.
19. Other commuters were so traumatised that they retreated completely into fantasy.
21. Meanwhile, Twitter was full of helpful advice, as usual.