1. This is Pakkirappa Hunagundi. He’s a 30 year-old village labourer from Karnataka, western India. And that’s a brick.
2. Hunagundi says he’s been eating up to three kilos of bricks, gravel and mud every day for the last 20 years.
3. He generally finds material to eat lying around his village. But, say his neighbours, “he relishes hot charcoal, too, like a snack.”
4. “We feel very bad. We have tried to convince him many times [to stop], but he does not listen. We have given up now.”
5. Hunagundi says he has no taste for regular food: “My mother keeps insisting, but even if she gives me chicken fry, I don’t like that at all.”
6. Hunagundi is thought to have Pica, which makes sufferers crave non-edible food.
7. But, he says, “My teeth are absolutely fine. I can bite into the hardest stone without a problem.”
8. Hunagundi’s talent has attracted significant attention. Now he wants to showcase it across India.
9. “My father died four years ago. I have to take care of my mother. We don’t have any income. So I want to show people what I can do. I want earn some money.”
- France and Russia have agreed to coordinate their airstrikes with the U.S. against ISIS. ›
- Adele's record-breaking album "25" has now sold more than 3 million copies in the U.S. ›