1. Kanye West and Kim Kardashian got married in Italy amid a flurry of media attention.
Many outlets covered the glamour, fashion pieces, and rumours surrounding the event.
2. But the New York Post went with this instead.
3. “ALERT (yawn): Kimye weds”
Two jackasses got married in Italy Saturday.
Sex-tape star Kim Kardashian, 33, wed egotist Kanye West, 36, in a wedding opulent enough for Florence’s Medici dynasty and tacky enough for reality TV.
They were betrothed at Florence’s 16th-century Fort di Belvedere castle. Olympic athlete Bruce Jenner walked Kim down the aisle.
The republic still stands.
4. It’s not clear why the paper took this cynical approach given that it’s devoted a lot of space to both Kim and Kanye’s adventures over the years.
As Jim Romenesko points out.
- Robert L. Dear was identified as the suspected gunman in a fatal shooting at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs. ›
- World leaders will meet in Paris starting Monday to discuss a potential global climate change agreement. Here's what you need to know. ›
- Speaking of climate change, can you pass this basic quiz about it? ›