1. Kanye West and Kim Kardashian got married in Italy amid a flurry of media attention.
Many outlets covered the glamour, fashion pieces, and rumours surrounding the event.
2. But the New York Post went with this instead.
3. “ALERT (yawn): Kimye weds”
Two jackasses got married in Italy Saturday.
Sex-tape star Kim Kardashian, 33, wed egotist Kanye West, 36, in a wedding opulent enough for Florence’s Medici dynasty and tacky enough for reality TV.
They were betrothed at Florence’s 16th-century Fort di Belvedere castle. Olympic athlete Bruce Jenner walked Kim down the aisle.
The republic still stands.
4. It’s not clear why the paper took this cynical approach given that it’s devoted a lot of space to both Kim and Kanye’s adventures over the years.
As Jim Romenesko points out.
- U.S. President Barack Obama and leaders from 20 nations called for doubling clean energy research funding over the next five years at the Paris climate summit 🌍 ›
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- And Kobe Bryant wrote a poem announcing that he's retiring from professional basketball at the end of this season 🏀🎭 ›