BNP twitter hacked. Literally no one notices https://t.co/jMCEILSq2U
1. A hacker took over the BNP (British National Party) Twitter account on Thursday.
4. According to this Twitter conversation, the hacker chose the BNP as a “random target”.
5. Next, the hacker branched out to BNP leader Nick Griffin MEP’s own Twitter account.
11. The hacker called themselves “Anonymous”, and claims to be an ex-member of a group called “Venezuelan Hackers”.
12. The hacking didn’t cause a Twitter-storm, however.
13. In fact, some people preferred the hacked content.
14. Few others noticed.
15. Whoever normally runs the BNP’s Twitter account doesn’t seem to have regained control yet.
17. Update: In an interview with BuzzFeed, the hacker Anon_0x03 said that they had targeted the BNP’s account because it was “fun”.
“It’s just like another target to own, nothing special,” they said. “We didn’t know about BNP’s ideologies, we only found out when my colleague spoke with another user and she/he told him about it.”