AlexSutula / Shutterstock
1. People still think that this gesture counts as an appropriate greeting.
20th Century Fox / eonline.com
4. And gets confused if you make a pop culture reference that’s more than 12 months old.
5. You still experience The Fear whenever you try to buy something with an age restriction.
Sony Pictures / katyharding.tumblr.com
8. Every time Alvin and the Chipmunks is shown on TV, you ready yourself for a barrage of comparisons.
Fox 2000 / tumblr.com
9. People who come to your front door always ask if your parents are home.
Paramount / televandalist.com
Even if you live alone.
10. You’re trying to retire several nicknames that have “baby” in them.
Vestron / andpop.com
14. You’re constantly being mistaken for pupil or a student. Even when you’re a teacher. Or a cop.
Sony Pictures / smoketracks.tumblr.com
17. Occasionally very slightly younger people will mistake you for one of them, and you’ll play along.
18. But when they move on to the third club of the night, you’ll start to flag.
Warner Bros. / itsgifpartytime.tumblr.com
19. You may look like a pre-schooler, but you’ve got work in the morning, damnit.
20. You dread becoming pregnant in case people think you’re 11 and that something has gone terribly wrong.
21. Or hanging out with children in public, in case people mistake you for a babysitter-turned-kidnapper.
22. You’ve experimented with looking “older” - wearing ties, frowning all the time, calling everyone around you “son”.
25. You have to fight to get people to take you seriously.
Sony Pictures / i-missed-youu.tumblr.com
Robyn Wilder is a staff writer for BuzzFeed and is based in London.
Here Are The Top Stories