1. People still think that this gesture counts as an appropriate greeting.
4. And gets confused if you make a pop culture reference that’s more than 12 months old.
5. You still experience The Fear whenever you try to buy something with an age restriction.
8. Every time Alvin and the Chipmunks is shown on TV, you ready yourself for a barrage of comparisons.
9. People who come to your front door always ask if your parents are home.
Even if you live alone.
10. You’re trying to retire several nicknames that have “baby” in them.
12. On a good day, you can pass for someone half your age.
14. You’re constantly being mistaken for pupil or a student. Even when you’re a teacher. Or a cop.
16. Teenagers condescend to you.
17. Occasionally very slightly younger people will mistake you for one of them, and you’ll play along.
18. But when they move on to the third club of the night, you’ll start to flag.
19. You may look like a pre-schooler, but you’ve got work in the morning, damnit.
20. You dread becoming pregnant in case people think you’re 11 and that something has gone terribly wrong.
21. Or hanging out with children in public, in case people mistake you for a babysitter-turned-kidnapper.
22. You’ve experimented with looking “older” - wearing ties, frowning all the time, calling everyone around you “son”.
23. You’ve even seriously considered a dimplectomy.
25. You have to fight to get people to take you seriously.
- France and Russia have agreed to coordinate their airstrikes with the U.S. against ISIS. ›
- Adele's record-breaking album "25" has now sold more than 3 million copies in the U.S. ›