AlexSutula / Shutterstock
1. People still think that this gesture counts as an appropriate greeting.
20th Century Fox / eonline.com/521020/6-types-of-people-to-avoid-on-st-patrick-s-day
4. And gets confused if you make a pop culture reference that’s more than 12 months old.
5. You still experience The Fear whenever you try to buy something with an age restriction.
Sony Pictures / katyharding.tumblr.com/45217333762/i-love-superbad-purely-for-mclovin
8. Every time Alvin and the Chipmunks is shown on TV, you ready yourself for a barrage of comparisons.
Fox 2000 / tumblr.com
9. People who come to your front door always ask if your parents are home.
Paramount / televandalist.com/41063639361
Even if you live alone.
10. You’re trying to retire several nicknames that have “baby” in them.
Vestron / andpop.com/06/24/the-wanted-life-recap-the-wanted-go-to-washington/2-dirty-dance-nobody-puts-baby-in-the-corner/
14. You’re constantly being mistaken for pupil or a student. Even when you’re a teacher. Or a cop.
Sony Pictures / smoketracks.tumblr.com/45212542667
16. Teenagers condescend to you.
Paramount Pictures / electropunkopera.tumblr.com/42309519116/http-whrt-it-yuspcf
17. Occasionally very slightly younger people will mistake you for one of them, and you’ll play along.
18. But when they move on to the third club of the night, you’ll start to flag.
Warner Bros. / itsgifpartytime.tumblr.com/47194622131/when-my-friends-want-to-go-out-and-do-tequila-shots-and
19. You may look like a pre-schooler, but you’ve got work in the morning, damnit.
Fox / multitudeofgifs.tumblr.com/26321247720
20. You dread becoming pregnant in case people think you’re 11 and that something has gone terribly wrong.
21. Or hanging out with children in public, in case people mistake you for a babysitter-turned-kidnapper.
22. You’ve experimented with looking “older” - wearing ties, frowning all the time, calling everyone around you “son”.
25. You have to fight to get people to take you seriously.
Sony Pictures / i-missed-youu.tumblr.com/57076184468
Robyn Wilder is a staff writer for BuzzFeed and is based in London.
In The News Today
- Thai police have issued two new arrest warrants as the search widens for the suspects behind Bangkok's deadly shrine bombing. ›
- Wes Craven, who directed "Scream" and "A Nightmare on Elm Street," has died of brain cancer. He was 76. ›
- For the first time in history, there are three major hurricanes in the Pacific east of the International Dateline at the same time. ›