1. When Mel Fraser tweeted this photo of a mannequin with a visible ribcage in a Glasgow branch of Primark, it was shared over 1,400 times.
2. “Before I get anyone saying that I’m skinny bashing, I’m not,” Fraser added on her Instagram feed. “I’d just like to see mannequins in clothing stores being all different shapes and sizes rather than young girls thinking that this is the only way to be!”
3. Primark responded quickly.
4. And took action within days, confirming that they would stop using these particular mannequins “in this way”.
Robyn Wilder is a staff writer for BuzzFeed and is based in London.
In The News Today
- The Temple of Bel, an important ancient structure in the ISIS-held Syrian city of Palmyra, has been destroyed, the United Nations says. ›
- A white supremacist has been found guilty of capital murder in the shooting deaths of three people at two Jewish facilities in Kansas last year. ›
- The U.S. Supreme Court says a Kentucky county must issue marriage licenses while its clerk appeals a ruling in a lawsuit from three same-sex couples against her "no marriage licenses" policy. ›