1. When Mel Fraser tweeted this photo of a mannequin with a visible ribcage in a Glasgow branch of Primark, it was shared over 1,400 times.
2. “Before I get anyone saying that I’m skinny bashing, I’m not,” Fraser added on her Instagram feed. “I’d just like to see mannequins in clothing stores being all different shapes and sizes rather than young girls thinking that this is the only way to be!”
3. Primark responded quickly.
4. And took action within days, confirming that they would stop using these particular mannequins “in this way”.
- Illinois' attorney general has asked the U.S. Department of Justice's Civil Rights Division to investigate Chicago's police department. ›
- It's World AIDS Day — 35 million people have died from AIDS-related conditions, and more than 34 million people are living with the disease. ›
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg says he'll give away 99% of his Facebook shares (worth $45 billion today) over the course of his life. ›