1. This is Monique Pool, founder of the Green Heritage Fund Suriname.
2. And this is one of her housemates.
3. Here’s another one.
4. Monique has been rescuing two-toed and three-toed sloths for the last few years, and rehabilitating them in her home in Suriname, South America.
5. Around two sloths pass through Monique’s sloth sanctuary per week.
6. She releases them back into the wild within a couple of days unless they are injured and need further care.
7. When some land was cleared in 2012, Monique expected to rescue 14 sloths - but ended up with 200.
8. “I have become slothified,” she told Conservation International. “Overwhelmed by sloth.”
Conservation International is an environmental charity, and a partner of the Green Heritage Fund Suriname. It is working on several projects to protect forests and freshwater in the country.