1. Finnish designers have created a stunning range of swimsuits specifically for women who have lost a breast through breast cancer.
2. These monokinis are the brainchild of Elina Halttunen, a woman with “one breast and a passion for swimming”.
“Having only one breast made finding fitting bikinis difficult. Therefore I fashioned my own Monokini,” Halttunen says on the Monokini 2.0 website. “I thought that maybe there would be others out there like me, women who wanted swimwear that would not make them feel that they were missing a breast.”
3. Haltunnen joined forces with Finnish art duo Tärähtäneet ämmät (“Nutty Tarts”) to create the Monokini 2.0 swimwear range.
4. “We want to show that you can be whole, beautiful and sexy even with just one breast or with no breasts at all.”
5. The models are all women who have undergone mastectomies following breast cancer. They contacted the team after seeing initial product photographs online.
- 26 people, thought to be refugees and migrants, were discovered in the back of a truck in Austria. ›
- Thai police arrested a man alleged to have explosives in his possession, almost two weeks after a deadly bomb blast in Bangkok killed 20 people. ›
- Kyle Jean-Baptiste, the first black man to play Jean Valjean on Broadway in "Les Misérables," died Friday. He was 21. ›