1. Could these tiny winged creatures be real fairies?
2. John Hyatt from the Rossendale Valley in Lancashire believes they are.
The 53 year-old Manchester Metropolitan University lecturer has been photographing the creatures for the past two years. At first, he didn’t realise what he was capturing in his images. “It was a bit of a shock when I blew them [the photos] up,” he told The Daily Mail. “I went out afterwards and took pictures of flies and gnats and they just don’t look the same.”
3. Here’s a closer look.
6. Or is it all a hoax, like the Cottingley Fairies?
In 1920, Elsie Wright and Frances Griffiths’ photographs of frolicking fairies convinced many photographic experts at the time, but were finally debunked in the 1970s as shots of post cardboard cut-outs.
7. “There are stranger things in life than fairies,” says John Hyatt, who will display these photographs at The Whitaker Museum in Rossendale through spring.
What do you think?
- Joyce Mitchell, the prison worker who was accused of helping inmates Richard Matt and David Sweat escape from a New York prison, pleaded guilty and faces up to seven years in prison.
- Several people have been wounded after a shooting near Barcelona's famed La Rambla street, according to Spanish media.
- President Obama addressed the 54-member African Union, a first for a sitting U.S. president. The speech marks the end of his historic five-day trip to East Africa.