1. While on the toilet in her Spanish home, Iris Castroverde heard some “odd splashing”, and then was bitten on her bottom.
(These pictures are for illustration only. We suspect Iris Castroverde was too busy to photograph the event.)
2. She jumped up and saw a green and yellow snake disappearing from the bowl. Her bite was treated in hospital, and she was later discharged.
3. Officials have completed an unsuccessful search of Castroverde’s apartment block’s pipe system.
According to Spain’s ABC newspaper, the snake is now believed to be dead - but that hasn’t stopped Castroverde’s neighbours from pouring caustic soda regularly down the sink and investing in urinals.
- In a landmark prison reform decision, California has agreed to a settlement that will effectively end indefinite solitary confinement in the state. ›
- Los Angeles has officially been selected as the American candidate city to host the 2024 Summer Olympics. ›
- McDonald's all-day breakfast is happening: It's coming to the U.S. on Oct. 6. The company started testing it this year 🍳 ›