1. The return of the pink teddy.
After Hank stops Jesse from burning down the Whites’ house, you can just about spot the pink teddy from earlier seasons in the tree.
3. And here’s Walt’s darkest moment next to an artist’s impression of Ozymandias himself.
“Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command”
4. Saul’s less-than-original fashion statement.
Is this the last Scarface reference we’ll see before the season is out? The giant gun in future Walt’s car suggests perhaps not.
8. This worryingly positioned bullet hole.
12. This unconventional swimming pool.
The swimming pool from Season 5, Episode 12 has a bit of an ‘industrial meth lab’ look to it.
14. This intentional positioning of the chess pieces.
According to the Breaking Bad Insider Podcast, this shot from Episode 14 was set up so that the white king was just a few moves from checkmate.
15. The mug of DEATH!
Is this a DEA mug? Or does it say something else? Strange how it’s always shown at that angle, no?
16. And for those of you who are skeptical about whether these things mean anything or are just coincidences…
See Saul’s numberplate from Season 5, Episode 11? It usually says LWYRUP, but with Walt blocking the L it spells WYRUP. WYRUP = Wire Up. Suggesting someone was about to start working with the DEA.
- BuzzFeed News looks at the fourth anniversary of Mark Duggan's death, an unarmed black man who was shot by police in north London. The shooting sparked England-wide riots in 2011.
- President Obama unveiled a climate change plan on Monday that calls for federal limits on the amount of carbon power plants can produce.
- Puerto Rico has failed to make a $58 million debt payment, and credit rating agency Moody's says the U.S. territory is in default.