In case you didn’t know, it’s an automated rail system that covers the Docklands area of London. And it’s amazing.
1. The best thing about the DLR, by a long way, is that there is no driver. So you can sit at the front!
2. No matter how old you are, you always pretend you’re the driver.
4. And if that wasn’t good enough, you can sit at the back and pretend you’re reversing the whole train.
6. And unlike on the tube you don’t miss out on seeing the sights.
8. On the underground the ‘Open Door’ buttons don’t do anything. Not so on the DLR…
There are few things more enjoyable than watching people wait for the doors to open, not knowing they have to do it themselves.
10. It’s the closest thing to a Monorail that you’ll find in London.
11. Which always reminds us of this “Simpsons” episode. And that’s never a bad thing.
12. They’re super roomy, too. There’s even space for dancing, if the mood takes you.
13. And the mayor bloody loves it.
17. It also has incredible station names. Like this one, which isn’t funny at all, err…
HAHA LOOK IT SAYS MUDCHUTE! Take that Cockfosters.
19. Some are named after 90s girl groups.
- Budapest's main train station has opened its doors after a two-day stand-off, during which hundreds of people without a valid European Union visa weren't allowed on trains. ›
- Guatemalan President Otto Pérez Molina has resigned amid a lengthy corruption scandal that has brought his government to the brink. ›
- China's President Xi Jinping has said army personnel will be reduced by 300,000, the biggest cut to the military in almost two decades. ›