In case you didn’t know, it’s an automated rail system that covers the Docklands area of London. And it’s amazing.
1. The best thing about the DLR, by a long way, is that there is no driver. So you can sit at the front!
2. No matter how old you are, you always pretend you’re the driver.
4. And if that wasn’t good enough, you can sit at the back and pretend you’re reversing the whole train.
6. And unlike on the tube you don’t miss out on seeing the sights.
7. You certainly don’t get this on the Northern Line.
8. On the underground the ‘Open Door’ buttons don’t do anything. Not so on the DLR…
There are few things more enjoyable than watching people wait for the doors to open, not knowing they have to do it themselves.
10. It’s the closest thing to a Monorail that you’ll find in London.
11. Which always reminds us of this “Simpsons” episode. And that’s never a bad thing.
12. They’re super roomy, too. There’s even space for dancing, if the mood takes you.
13. And the mayor bloody loves it.
17. It also has incredible station names. Like this one, which isn’t funny at all, err…
HAHA LOOK IT SAYS MUDCHUTE! Take that Cockfosters.