Reality: You stay until the work is done. And the work is never done.
2. Expectation: You’ll work hard but play hard. You’re in the nightlife capital of Europe.
3. Expectation: There are 6 million people — meeting the love of your life should be easy.
Reality: People can’t stop telling you about their friends’ online dating success. Eventually you give in.
Reality: You spend your weekends trying to get over Friday night drinks.
5. Expectation: You’ll go home and visit friends and family all the time.
6. Expectation: Yes things are more expensive, but surely that means you earn more money.
7. Expectation: You’ll spend your nights in the coolest bars and clubs London has to offer.
8. Expectation: You’ll live in a cool, spacious flat near your friends.
Reality: You live somewhere so small and far from everything that you wonder whether you should have stayed at home.
9. Expectation: You’ll make the most of all the musicals and plays the West End has to offer.
Reality: Yeah, good luck with that.
You can find the full story here.