Reality: You stay until the work is done. And the work is never done.
2. Expectation: You’ll work hard but play hard. You’re in the nightlife capital of Europe.
3. Expectation: There are 6 million people — meeting the love of your life should be easy.
Reality: People can’t stop telling you about their friends’ online dating success. Eventually you give in.
Reality: You spend your weekends trying to get over Friday night drinks.
5. Expectation: You’ll go home and visit friends and family all the time.
6. Expectation: Yes things are more expensive, but surely that means you earn more money.
7. Expectation: You’ll spend your nights in the coolest bars and clubs London has to offer.
8. Expectation: You’ll live in a cool, spacious flat near your friends.
Reality: You live somewhere so small and far from everything that you wonder whether you should have stayed at home.
9. Expectation: You’ll make the most of all the musicals and plays the West End has to offer.
Reality: Yeah, good luck with that.
Via The Guardian
You can find the full story here.
10. Expectation: You’ll bypass public transport with a casual bike ride to work.
Reality: You’d rather pay for the tube than put your life in the hands of London’s drivers.
11. Expectation: You’ll see you best friend who already lives there all the time.
12. Expectation: You’ll visit all the tourist attractions and take in the city’s unique culture.
Reality: You refuse to leave the house at weekends to avoid encountering tourists.
13. Expectation: You can get anywhere in no time thanks to the world-famous London Underground.
14. Expectation: London is home to some of the coolest pop-up restaurants in the world.
Reality: They don’t take reservations, so you queue for hours.
16. Expectation: You’ll live there for five years before moving back home for a quieter life.
Robin Edds is a senior writer for BuzzFeed and is based in London.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Afghan officials are investigating reports that Mullah Mohammed Omar, the leader of the Taliban, is dead.
- Officials released new footage proving Sandra Bland was "alive and well" when her mugshot was taken. The release aims to counter social media rumors that she was deceased in the photo.
- Michel Platini, the current UEFA president, will be a candidate in the 2016 FIFA election to replace Sepp Blatter ⚽️