A whole generation owes so much to MSN Messenger. It’s where we learnt how to type at speed…
And where we (eventually) realised that email@example.com was not an appropriate email address.
But more than anything, it taught us how to find love.
Or not, as the case may be. With the help of Twitter account MSN Memories we take a look at MSN’s relationship lessons that will stick with us for life.
1. You have to put the hours in.
2. It’s all about standing out from the crowd.
3. Knowing how to properly express your emotions is key.
4. It’s important to keep an air of mystery at all times.
5. And do everything you can to attract their attention.
6. It’s easy to over-analyse everything your other half says or does.
7. But you have to play it cool.
8. Be patient, and it’ll all work out in the end.
9. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with the odd white lie.
10. You’re only doing it because you care.
11. And often it’s all about avoiding conflict.
12. But no healthy relationship works without the ability to compromise.
13. If it’s not going well, you have to know when to back off.
14. Trusting other people can be tough.
15. But when you know it’s not right, you’ve got to make tough decisions and move on.
- A judge ruled that the six Baltimore officers charged in the death of Freddie Gray, a black man allegedly killed by police in April, will have individual trials. ›
- Senate Democrats have secured enough votes to uphold the Iran nuclear deal when Congress votes on it later this month. ›
- Hundreds of Eurostar passengers moving between Britain and France were stranded for hours as people were seen on the tracks attempting to get through the tunnel. ›