A whole generation owes so much to MSN Messenger. It’s where we learnt how to type at speed…
And where we (eventually) realised that firstname.lastname@example.org was not an appropriate email address.
But more than anything, it taught us how to find love.
Or not, as the case may be. With the help of Twitter account MSN Memories we take a look at MSN’s relationship lessons that will stick with us for life.
1. You have to put the hours in.
2. It’s all about standing out from the crowd.
3. Knowing how to properly express your emotions is key.
4. It’s important to keep an air of mystery at all times.
5. And do everything you can to attract their attention.
6. It’s easy to over-analyse everything your other half says or does.
7. But you have to play it cool.
8. Be patient, and it’ll all work out in the end.
9. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with the odd white lie.
10. You’re only doing it because you care.
11. And often it’s all about avoiding conflict.
12. But no healthy relationship works without the ability to compromise.
13. If it’s not going well, you have to know when to back off.
14. Trusting other people can be tough.
15. But when you know it’s not right, you’ve got to make tough decisions and move on.
- Three scientists who developed treatments against parasites have won the 2015 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine. ›
- Doctors Without Borders says it will leave the Afghan city of Kunduz after airstrikes killed 22 people at its hospital there on Saturday. ›
- At least three people have died in South Carolina due to severe rainfall. More than 11 inches of rain fell on the city in 48 hours. ›