1. A property developer in China has apparently paid 12million yuan ($1.9m, £1.2m) for a Tibetan mastiff.
The dog on the left was sold at the record price.
The unnamed new owner, not believed to be the man pictured, is said to have acquired the one-year-old mastiff at a “luxury pet” fair in Zhejiang, AFP quotes the Qianjiang Evening News as reporting.
2. “They have lion’s blood and are top-of-the-range mastiff studs,” the dog’s breeder Zhang Gengyun is quoted as telling the paper.
The $2million dog is said to be 80cm tall and weights 90kg.
3. Tibetan mastiffs have become a prized status symbol among China’s wealthy.
4. A red mastiff named “Big Splash” (not pictured) was previously thought to be the most expensive dog after it was sold for a reported 10million yuan ($1.5m, £900,000) in 2011.
- More than 1 million people are expected to attend Pope Francis' mass in Ecuador on Monday.