1. Six-time Olympic gold medallist Usain Bolt has sent a pair of signed running spikes to London after a framed pair were stolen.
2. Metropolitan Police said the pair of orange Puma shoes were taken from a commercial property in Gloucester Road, Croydon, between 10:30 p.m. on Saturday 26 April and 5:45 a.m. Monday 28 April.
3. The signed shoes were in a frame with a photo of Bolt after the Jamaican set a new world record for the 100m in 2009.
4. On Tuesday, Bolt appealed to whoever had stolen the shoes to return them.
5. He later posted an image of himself signing more pairs during a break between PlayStation games.
6. Bolt ran the 100m in 9.58 seconds at the 2009 World Championships in Berlin.
That time remains the men’s world record for the distance.
- The Taliban has appointed Mullah Akhtar Mansour as its new Afghan leader.
- Airplane debris discovered Wednesday "very likely" belongs to the same type of aircraft as missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370.
- A University of Cincinnati officer has been charged with murder for shooting Samuel Dubose, an unarmed black man.
- Uber drivers near the International Airport of Mexico City were pelted with rocks, sticks, eggs, and flour on Wednesday. Local authorities are investigating.